Every horse lover needs a list like this!
No matter how long you’ve been riding you’ve likely come up with a few horsey dreams. These are things that you hope to accomplish, experience, or even purchase. Why not turn those wishes into an equestrian bucket list. A bucket list is a little more intense than a ‘to do’ list; it’s your biggest goals. Stop daydreaming, instead start doing the things you’ve always wanted to. It can be helpful to see your dreams written out and crossed off. It’s great motivation!
If you need some inspiration, then check out these 30 horse goals that are circulating throughout the equestrian world. Don’t be intimidated… your bucket list can include anything you want. Some people may want to travel the world on horseback, while others dream of riding without a saddle or bridle. Your list should reflect you and your horse.
- Ride a horse on the beach
- Teach your horse a cool trick like how to bow
- Visit a dude ranch for the weekend
- Watch the ponies swim in Chincoteague
- Ride in the snow
- Binge watch the Heartland series
- Try riding in a side saddle
- Go on a horseback safari adventure
- Master a flying lead change
- Ride a mule at the Grand Canyon National Park
- Buy your heart horse
- Order custom riding boots
- Ditch the saddle and try bareback riding
- Watch a foal be born
- Volunteer at a horse rescue
- Participate in a costume contest
- Go on an overnight trail ride
- Attend a clinic with a famous rider
- Watch a polo match
- Jump a fence with your horse
- Herd cattle on horseback
- Buy your dream saddle
- Experience a team chase
- Get a professional painting of your horse
- Try yoga on horseback
- Achieve the perfect sitting trot
- Give a riding lesson to a beginner
- Re-read your favorite horse novel
- Collect a shelf of Breyer model horses
- Watch the Kentucky Derby live
Whoa! Can you imagine accomplishing all of those? You’d have a bunch of fun stories to tell. The items on this list will help you see and experience more in life. Isn’t that the purpose of a bucket list anyway? I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to watch ocean waves tumble onto the beach with my favorite mare, Honey Bee.
What kind of things would you put on your bucket list? There’s no limit! Get creative and make your horsey dreams come true.
**Emily Fought discovered her passion for horses early on in life. When she isn’t writing about them, you can find her in the barn riding. Although Emily’s background is in dressage, she enjoys cross-training and is an avid trail rider. She resides in Northwestern Pennsylvania with her husband and small dog. Together, they own and operate Humblewood Farm.